Most of us have been dreaming of our wedding for as long as we can remember, this is the moment you have been waiting for since you were a little girl! But when it finally comes down to it, it may get pretty overwhelming to choose “the dress” for your big day. Here are some of our top tips to help you choose the perfect dress to make you shine for one of your most special days.
1. Get inspired – There are tons of dresses out there, so it can be tricky knowing where to begin your hunt for the perfect dress. Try looking for your dream wedding dress through some blogs to get some beautiful inspiration that will lead you on your path towards dress perfection.
2. Dress for your shape – Although it may be tempting to follow the latest dress trends, it’s crucial to choose a wedding dress that flatters your particular shape and fits you perfectly. Understanding your body shape will really help on your pursuit for the perfect dress. Think about which parts of your body you love (and the parts that you may not love as much) and try to choose a dress that shows off your assets.
3. Try on heaps of different dresses – The only one way to get a real feel for the sort of dress you love is to try on as many wedding dress styles that you can. Make it a girly date by getting all your bridesmaids together to try on some dresses so you can get a sense of what you’re after.
4. Consider the date of your wedding – The month and season of your wedding will help you choose the best fabric for your dress. Planning a summer ceremony? Consider choosing wedding dresses made with light, softer fabrics like silk, chiffon or charmeuse. This may also be the perfect time to choose a flirty dress that’s slightly on the shorter side too. Or are you planning on having a magical winter wedding? This is the time for more traditional fabrics such as tulle and lace which are perfect for keeping you warm during the cooler months.
5. Don’t feel rushed – Remember that this is your special moment so make sure you take your time in choosing your dress. Give yourself enough time to pick a dress that you feel like a princess in, because every bride deserves to have the wedding dress of their dreams!
Posted by Muroa Z.