Bridesmaid Dresses You Can Wear Again
By Natalie T.
December 10, 2011
When Rachel Bilson served as the maid of honor for her friend Jill Stonerock, she helped design the green silk and georgette bridesmaid dresses. Each dress was slightly different in color and style.
The trend for unique bridesmaid dresses have been quite popular for the last few years for formal, as well as casual and semi-casual weddings. The pros are pretty obvious. Each bridesmaid can find a flattering dress that you can wear in future social events. The downside is, of course, a color clash.
If you're thinking about doing a color run
- Keep dresses at a similar cut and fabric
- If bridesmaids are choosing their own dresses (which is half the fun), send them color samples of the palette you're developing. This can be paint chips from the color hardware store or actual cloth swatches
- Choose shades of one color or complementary colors
However, if you're in love with one dress and you're bridesmaids are all about the same height and build, you can totally go with one style.
- Keep it simple and classic.
- Only choose something that you could wear