Top 5 Celebrity Engagement Rings
Here in the SimplyBridal office, the girls are constantly getting into friendly discussions about everything. From who brought in the best lunch, to who in the celebrity world would be perfect together.
This week, our attention was entirely focused on the future Mrs. Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, and her brand new engagement ring, featuring a massive giant emerald-cut stone, set in platinum. If that wasn't enough, it was has side stones that encircle her finger, and holds an estimated value of $500,000. Is that all?!
Naturally, the whole office was abuzz. Some girls thought this was the best ring ever, other thought it looked too manly. We then spent a very productive 2 hours debating over the top 5 celebrity engagement rings of all time, and finally agreed on this list:
5. Beyonce's 18-carat diamond ring from Jay-Z was valued at $5million. While their wedding in 2008 was a well-kept secret, there was certainly no hiding that beast of a ring!
4. Nick Cannon proposed to Mariah Carey with a Jacob & Co. 17-carat emerald-cut diamond with pink center, and surrounded by 58 more pink diamonds. Very "diva", like Mariah herself, the ring is worth $2.5 million.
3. Despite their marriage reportedly ending, Heidi Klum's engagement ring from singer Seal is a 10-carat canary yellow diamond ring, designed by the genius minds of Lorraine Schwartz.
2. Anne Hathaway was presented with an amazing 6-carat diamond, set on a thin diamond band. I guess it helps when the person offering you such a gift is a jewelry designer!
1. Without a doubt, the engagement ring that leaves all the girls breathless belongs to the future Queen of England. Prince William proposed to his now-wife Catherine Middleton with the late Princess Diana's 18-carat sapphire and diamond engagement ring. While the design itself may not leave us in a hopeless pool of envy, the sentiment and priceless value of such a ring tugs at even the most cynical of person's heart.
Which celebrity ring would you like?
Posted by Jacqueline H.