When you place your order, you'll be asked to fill in your measurements for our seamstresses. Here's how to take your measurements properly:
- Use a fabric tape measure. A metal tape measure can buckle and bend, which may lead to an inaccurate measurement of your size.
- Keep the tape measure taut, but don't stretch it tight.
- Wear the same undergarments that you will wear on your wedding day. If you can't, wear a style similar to what you plan to wear.
- Wear the same shoes that you will wear on your wedding day. If you can't, wear shoes with the heel height you plan to wear.
- Keep your feet six inches apart.
We strongly recommend that you have someone help you take your measurements. This can be a professional seamstress/tailor or friend. Taking measures on your own may result in inaccurate numbers.
These are the figures we'll need, along with instructions about how to take each measurement.
- Bust: This is not the same as your bra size. Instead, this is a measurement of the fullest part of your bust. While keeping your arms relaxed and at your sides, run the tape across the widest part of your back and fullest part of your bust.
- Sleeve: Place the tape in your armpit. Measure your straight arm and stop at your wrist.
- Waist: This is your natural waistline, or the smallest part of your waist. It is typically found an inch or two above your belly button. Don't suck in your waist, although you may be tempted to. You want to be able to breathe on your wedding day—and eat a slice to cake, too.
- Hips: This is a measurement of the fullest part of your hips. Run the tape across the hipbone.
- Hollow to hem: For this measurement in particular, it is crucial that you are wearing shoes that reflect the heel length of your wedding footwear. Place the tape at the hollow base of your neck and measure down to where you want the hem to end. A full skirt requires that you measure out at an angle to reflect the fullness of the gown.
|Hollow to Floor||59||150||59||150||59||150||59||150||59||150||59||150||59||150||59||150||59||150|
|Hollow to Floor||59||150||59||150||59||150||59||150||59||150||59||150||59||150|