8 Photo Taking Tips
By Anna K.
January 16, 2012
1. Practice makes perfect! Study your face and figure out the best smile (or maybe you like your serious face better) and examine yourself from all angles. Check out how you look facing the camera, three quarters, and profile pics.
2. Comfort. Wear clothing that is flattering, but comfortable too! If your 6 inch stilettos are hurting your feet, it will show in your face!
3. Keep makeup and eyelashes classic and simple.
4. Mind the lens. Try to not allow one part of your body to be closer to the lens because it will make that part appear larger than the rest of your body unless that's what you're going for.
5. Get in position. To make your neck look more elongated, drop your shoulders and raise your chin. Imagine that you are being pulled by a string from the top of your head.
6. Be prepared. If you are prone to have flyaways or random frizzies in your hair, have a toothbrush with hairspray on standby! One squirt and swoop will tame most frizzies and help your hair look super smooth for pictures.
7. Have white chalk handy. White chalk hides stains on wedding gowns. If you are worried about grass stains, general dirt or in case there is a spill on your wedding day, make sure to have some on hand! It works in a jiffy and no one will know but you!
8. Dab. If you are planning on getting married in the summer and want outdoor photos, oil dabbing strips are a MUST HAVE! Make sure the groom has a hanky too. Sweaty photos are not pretty!