Engagement Photo Settings
Picking your shoot location
By Sara Doerrier
August 29, 2011
The logistics of an engagement photo shoot can be tedious and time consuming. But its worth it. These are photos that you will truly treasure for decades to come. So dont shy away from this important task. And it all starts with location.
Finding the right photo shoot location requires planning and time. You can choose a place that offers a beautiful or interesting backdrop, or you can choose a place that you and your fiancé have personal ties to. If you are lucky, your location is both interesting and personal.
By choosing locations that are meaningful or personal, your photos will come out more genuine and sincere. Also, if you are comfortable or happy there, it will show.
Let your personalities shine and don't be afraid to act natural. Opt for unique ideas that will leave you with beautiful pictures and memories.
Here are places that could serve as your backdrop
- Where you first met
- Where the proposal occurred (you can even recreate the proposal in a funny or satirical way)
- Restaurant, coffee shop or any other location that you frequently go to as a couple
- An area with a cool landscape or skyline
- Location with vibrant colors, like a street near a mural or subway station with graffiti on the walls
- Abandoned warehouse (really outside the box but can create beautiful image)